Chapter 20 – The Tailor and his Friend

Page No 116:

Question 1:

friend        pain          shop        tailor         trick         wet

Answer

1) Friend: a person whom you know well Example sentences: 1) A friend in need is a friend in deed. 2) Ruchika is my best friend.
2) Pain: hurting Example sentences: 1) Reema was having pain in her ankle. 2) The lady is in pain.
3) Shop: a place where goods are sold Example sentences: 1) I went to a shop to buy choclates. 2) Our shop is very small.
4) Tailor: one who makes clothes Example sentences: 1) The tailor that made my birthday dress was very helpful. 2) The tailor was out of town.
5) Trick: a smart action to fool someone Example sentences: 1) I can perform a trick by playing cards. 2) We won the football match by trick.
6) Wet: to get covered with water Example sentences: 1) I like to get wet in the rain. 2) I always get wet when I wash clothes.

Page No 117:

Question 1:

  • Who was Kalu?
  • Who was Appu?
  • Where was Kalu’s shop?
  • What trick did Kalu play on Appu?
  • How did Kalu’s clothes become wet?

Answer

  • Kalu was a tailor.
  • Appu was an elephant.
  • Kalu’s shop was near the river.
  • One day, Kalu played a trick on Appu. When Appu came to Kalu’s shop, instead of giving him food, Kalu pricked Appu’s trunk with a needle.
  • Kalu’s clothes became wet as Appu filled his trunk with water and threw water on Kalu and the clothes kept in his shop.

Page No 117:

Question 1:

What do you do • when someone troubles you? • when you are angry? • when you don’t want to share? • when someone asks you for a pencil?

Answer

  • I politely ask the person troubling me to not do so.
  • When I get angry, instead of shouting and fighting, I stop talking for some time.
  • I say sorry when I don’t want to share my things with others.
  • I give my extra pencil if someone asks for it.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. The students are advised to write the answers based on their own experiences and observations.

Page No 117:

Question 1:

  • What games do you play with your friends?
  • Can you walk and make sounds like an elephant?

Answer

  • I play hide and seek and chess with my friends.
  • No, I cannot walk and make sounds like an elephant.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. The students are advised to write the answers based on their own experiences and observations.

Page No 117:

Question 2:

The tailor had a shop near the river.
Question: Where is your house? Answer : My house is near _________________________
Make some more sentences like the above beginning with words like —
My schoolThe elephant…
My friend’s house…The aeroplane…
The well…My book…

Answer

The tailor had a shop near the river.
Question: Where is your house? Answer : My house is near a school.
  • My school is near a temple.
  • My friend’s house is near Red Fort.
  • The well is near the pond.
  • The elephant is near the forest.
  • The aeroplane is near New Delhi.
  • My book is near my bag.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. The students are advised to write the answers based on their own experiences and observations.

Page No 118:

Question 1:

jampanyearzebra
jeeppenyellzigzag
joypickyellowzip
jugpinkyeszoo
juiceputyoungzoom

Answer

Disclaimer: Students are advised to practice this on their own.

Page No 118:

Question 1:

Pick the odd one out. One has been done for you.

Answer

Read this too

Post a Comment