Chapter 5 – One Little Kitten

Page No 29:

Question 1:

cat       fat       rat       sad       ten

Answer

Cat: A small animal related to tigers and lions and that is often kept as a pet Example sentences: 1) Cats always run after mice. 2) My cat loves to drink milk.
Fat: Having a lot of extra flesh on the body Example sentences: 1) My uncle looks fat in a swimsuit. 2) Why do you keep calling him fat?
Rat: A small animal similar to a mouse Example sentences: 1) There is a rat in the storeroom. 2) The little kitten was chasing a rat.
Sad: Feeling of unhappiness Example sentences: 1) My uncle’s illness made me sad. 2) Rahul was sad because he lost his pencil.
Ten: A number that comes after nine and before eleven Example sentences: 1) I have ten notebooks. 2) Ten is my lucky number.

Page No 30:

Question 1:

  • How many kinds of creatures are there in the poem?
  • Are the seals happy?

Answer

  • There are fifteen kinds of creatures in the poem.
  • No, the seals are not happy. They are sad.

Page No 30:

Question 1:

  • Where do the fish live?
  • What are the other things found in water?
  • There are many creatures in the poem. Which ones have you seen?
  • Tell us about when you feel —
sadbrave
happynervous

Answer

  • Fish live in water. So, we can find fish in aquariums and water bodies like ponds and oceans.
  • We can find pebbles, plants and other water animals in water.
  • I have seen kittens, cats, butterflies, rats, fish, lizards, bees, elephants and donkeys.
1) Sad: I feel sad when I am not able to play with my friends.
2) Happy: I feel happy when I get chocolates.
3) Brave:  I feel brave when I ride a horse.
4) Nervous: I feel nervous during my exams.
Disclaimer: Apart from the first one, the others are sample answers. The students are advised to write the answers based on their own experiences or observations.

Page No 31:

Question 1:

Look at the pictures of the animals given below and underline them in the poem. Then trace the letters.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.

Answer

Disclaimer: Students are advised to underline the names of the animals in their textbook and also join the dotted lines to form the given alphabets.

Page No 32:

Question 1:

amheifinis
itmemynoof
onsotouswe
allandbadbigbit
butcancatcryday
dogfatletmetnot
onepigranredsad
sawsitsuntenthe
trytwowaswetyou

Answer

Disclaimer: Students are advised to practice this on their own.
amheifinis
itmemynoof
onsotouswe
allandbadbigbit
butcancatcryday
dogfatletmetnot
onepigranredsad
sawsitsuntenthe
trytwowaswetyou

Page No 33:

Question 1:

Say these words aloud. Then match them with the pictures by drawing lines.
bagtinhenpentapaxeantfoxcapcot
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.
Fill in the blanks from the words given above.
b ___ gh ___ nt ___ pc ___ pt ___ n
c ___ t___ ntp ___ nf ___ x___ xe

Answer


ge npa pi n
 ta n tno xx e
Disclaimer: The students are advised to say aloud the given words before drawing lines to match them with their pictures.

Read this too

Post a Comment